Thursday, May 22, 2008

THE GARDEN!

oops!
sorry the pics are too big. i'll fix that later.



over the weekend michael and i (well mostly michael...he did all the grunt work) doubled the size of my garden. i planted about 30 tomato plants (roma/beefsteak) and about 21 different pepper plants.

now i don't know what i am going to do with all the stuff when it comes in...lol...but i'll be so tickled green when it does.

lemon tree 5-21-08
lemon tree

egg plant 5-21-08
egg plant

green peppers 5-21-08
green peppers

lil cucumber 5-21-08
cucumbers (you see the lil guy on there???)

blackberries 5-21-08
blackberries

i plucked that big guy too after i took the pic. i also got one more off the bush and then got a few wild ones. definately didn't get as many as aimee did though!

yummy basil 5-21-08
my basil.

can you believe i haven't eaten any of this yet??? its too purty...lol. actually i am going to use it this weekend in some bruschetta that i'll be bringing to a party.

cucumbers 5-21-08
cucumbers

every time i look at them i think "i can't believe i grew them from a seed and they are actually growing". i also think "i can't believe i haven't killed anything yet"...lol

the garden 5-21-08
the garden


disregard the dying marigolds. my mom got them for me to put around the garden to keep the critters at bay. well after planting all those plants sunday i didn't feel like digging up anything else. i'll work on it this weekend.

12 comments:

Heidijayhawk said...

that just looks fabulous!

Crafty Connie said...

OUTSTANDING garden!!!!
You have done sooooo much.
I can't wait to read the post of the first tomato, cucumber, pepper... that you use in a salad or recipe.

Unknown said...

someone's gonna have a lot of spaghetti sauce for the winter, that looks awesome! Nothing is gonna grow around here with this dang weather we've been getting, it was fffffreezing this morning.

Noel said...

Good for you!! I wish I had room for a garden...sigh.

beki said...

It looks great!

Anna M said...

Wow...you never cease to amaze me! Is there anything you can't do?

Hi friend. I am FINALLY catching up on my blog reading. I hope you forgive me for being away so long!

Miss you love you!

liz mataraza said...

it's a good thing i don't live near you...i'd be in your garden with my salt shaker eating all your tomatoes as soon as they ripened. (i used to do that to my poor father--never got a single one, but he didn't care!)

looks like you had a great weekend!

melissa said...

What an incredible garden! I would love to have a garden, but too many deer, too many chipmunks, too many tall trees and not enough sun. Alas, I'll have to resort to enjoying your garden on-line!

Greta Adams said...

lokin gooood...
{said in my best BC voice...bwhahahahaa
i crack myself up

Jessica said...

Your garden looks awesome! My little potted garden has some garden envy right now!

Sarah said...

Hey Elizabeth!!

I was thinking the same thing about scrappers around here. I've been trying to get a local crop group together, but haven't had any takers on it.

Love your garden! I would like to grow veggies eventually, but just don't have the oomph to do it right now.

The bridge is great! There's a totally separate section (very wide too) just for pedestrians and there isn't a draw on it anymore- just concrete.

Michele Kovack said...

You can send some my way! I have one lonely tomato plant in a pot! Can ya tell I have a tiny backyard?