today i made a spooooky lunch for the kids. a ghost and pumpkin grilled cheese sandwich (used cookie cutters), tex mex mix (see recipe below), and the cookies that i made last night.
they thought lunch was boo-licious (as a matter of fact, bella is still eating hers ;)
i got this idea from a kraft food and family mag however, i adapted it to the recipe below.
tex mex mix
1. combine pretzels, cheese itz, chips, chex cereal, whatever you fancy together to make a total amount of about 10 cups.
2. mix 1/2 cup (1 stick) of melted butter/margarine with 1 pkg. of taco seasoning packet (i used homemade, see recipe below).
3. mix tossed chip mix taco seasoning/butter mixture.
4. spread evenly on 2 cookie sheets.
5. bake at 350 degrees F for 7-10 minutes. stir after 5 minutes. remove and cool.
here is the homemade taco seasoning recipe. since i found this at about the beginning of the year, it is the only taco mix i use. i got the recipe off the net. i buy the spices used in this recipe at the dollar general for $0.50 a piece. you can't beat that.
okay here ya go!
homemade taco seasoning mix
2 tablespoons chili powder
1 1/2 tablespoons paprika
1 tablespoon onion powder
1/2 tablespoon salt (i usually omit this)
3/4 tablespoon garlic salt
1 dash of red pepper (i usually omit this too; its too spicy for mike
mix together. makes 1 pkg. of store bought.
lemme know what you think :)