Sunday, October 08, 2006

THERE IS HOPE!!!

when i first received my canon rebel last november, i was tickled friggin' pink!!! look at me everyone with my professional looking camera.

of course its only a professional camera if you know how to use it.

for almost a year now i have struggled with learning when to use which setting, arguing with mike b/c he tries to show me how to use it only to get tired of me yelling at him and screaming "you're wrong". i've taken out the manual only to find that i must not understand english as much as i thought b/c i don't know what the hell its talking about. i keep saying that i have got to find a course in the area and that can show me how to use this damn thing to its fullest potential.

but when you're sitting outside and you shoot some pictures that look like this, it gives me hope that maybe i'm not so lousy with this thing and that maybe i can learn how to use it to its fullest potential.





**btw...if anyone has any pointers, i would greatly appreciate em :)

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, I am the queen of not knowing about my camera. I keep saying that I need to take a class, but really... I hardly have time to take pictures, yet alone a class!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures!

Josie said...

great pictures...you are so lucky...i want a canon rebel so bad!

Colleen said...

girl, you don't need pointers
you rock

jessica said...

Those are awesome!
I have been saying I'm going to take a class and even received 6 or so free sessions from Wolf when I bought my Rebel but have yet to use them. There's never enought time, is there;)

beki said...

Such pretty pictures!

Unknown said...

Camera is a language I cannot comprehend either for some reason, I grasp the concepts of aperature and shutter speed and then 10 minutes later...Poof!...gone!

Anonymous said...

They came out great!!!!!

sarah said...

awesome photos girl.
i think no pointers are needed.
you did great on your own! :)

Jamie said...

totally looks awesome yo.
:)
just remember, the little icon with mountains is for the mountains, the little guy running is for when people are running, the flower is for flowers....
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAA!!!!!
Sorry, kidding. :)
Good luck friend!

Anonymous said...

Great pics!

I have the same problem. Bought a fancy camera last year and figure out when to use what setting. Read the manual. It must have been in french, because I didn't understand it.

Looked around for classes and they are several hundred dollars in my area. Too expensive!

So I bought a Digital Photography for Dummies book, and that's in french too. Or so it seems.

Good Luck!

Anonymous said...

Sorry, I meant "Bought a fancy camera last year and I can't figure out"...

That makes more sense now.

:)

Anonymous said...

these shots look wonderful, I'm happy you started to play around with it

Josie said...

I finally got to check my blog...lol about flavor of love...it is a horrible train wreck and i can't turn away. we'll laughing in the corner together.
hehehe..mall of america...all my favorite stores under one roof...SEPHORA, MAC and shoes glorious shoes. We came across this store called Shi by Journey...I found 2 pairs of those cute by can't work out in them gym shoes (you know for all my trips around the mall), cute boots and going out heels. They also had the cutest purses there. Other stops included DSW warehouse and Nordstrom Rack. Let me know how it goes..btw i think its supposed to be cold...

Just this Girl said...

i love 'em
don't worry too much about the specs
just put it on the "p" which keeps the falsh off and woot woot! shoot away!

the rest of it
i promise you only the most professional of the professional use the completely manual mode