well, as i mentioned before i have been in a bit of a funk and i knew some good ol cleaning (especially since it was very overdue) and some time with the kiddos was just what i needed to help get me outta it.
the other day while i was surfin' around, i stumbled across a post over at turkey feathers about some yummy looking cookies. i knew after all the cleaning i did friday night and this morning, that this was just the thing i wanted to do with mikey and bella.
the cookies were a success and very, very delicious. we did sprinkle ours with extra orange and purple sprinkles.
harvest moon cookies
Into the mixer bowl combine:
1-1/4 cups sugar
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
1 large egg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
Into another bowl combine:
1-1/2 cups flour
3/4 cup yellow cornmeal
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
Into a sandwich-size plastic bag:
1/4 cup sugar
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
*Lightly grease cookie sheets if they aren't the non-stick variety.*
1. Cream together butter and sugar. Add egg and vanilla until blended.
2. Gradually add dry mixture until soft dough forms.
3. Drop dollups of dough onto a lightly floured surface; roll into 2" balls.
4. Toss & coat balls in cinnamon-sugar mixture inside plastic bag.
5. Place balls on cookie sheets about 3" apart.
6. Flatten gently to 1/4" with bottom of a glass.
7. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden around the edges.
8. Cool for 2-3 minutes before removing to cooling rack.
9. Store in airtight containor when completely cooled; but eat a few first!
bella giving the cookies a good shake.
now its mikey's turn.
smooshing the cookies out some.
after the cookies were done and the kiddos were in their room watching a movie and gobbling them all up, i decided that i wanted to make caramel apples. i have never made them before and its been forever since i ate one. boy were they delicious!!
the adams' family then came over for a yummy dinner of meatball hoagies and alfredo noodles (with cookies for dessert of course). i highlighy suggest buying premade meatballs, throwing them in a crockpot with jarred spaghetti sauce and calling it dinner! very, very good!
all in all saturday was a busy day filled with lots of accomplishments and good company!