thanks to the wonderful allison, i have found yet another breakfast that i will be addicted to.
her homemade granola. i adapted the recipe to fit what i had on hand.
2 cups rolled oats
1/2 cup flaked coconut
1 cup slivered almonds
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup maple syrup (aunt jemima's)
1 cup or so of cherry flavored craisins
1. preheat oven to 300 degrees. in a small sauce pan, combine oil and maple syrup until combined.
2. in another bowl, mix oatmeal, coconut, and nuts together.
3. pour oil/syrup mixture on oatmeal mixture and mix until completely covered.
4. pour mixture on parchment paper which has been placed on a rimmed baking sheet.
5. bake for 20 minutes and stir.
6. return to oven and bake for another 10 minutes till golden brown.
7. take granola out and mix in craisins.
8. slide parchment paper, with granola on it, off the pan and place on the counter until cool.
9. once cool, break up and store in an airtight container.
i have another batch in the oven that has chopped walnuts in it. what i love about this is you can add whatever you want to it. you should smell how yummy my house smells right now. like the microwave oatmeal in maple and brown sugar.